A network with resources for leaders with vision. Our leaders are at the front of the health care transformation, planning the future of Banner Health. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
As a Clinical Admin Director you will be part of a growing program on the forefront of Cancer Treatment and Research for the North West Valley, which includes the Cancer Centers at Banner Boswell, Banner Del Webb and Banner Thunderbird. Through our collaboration and affiliation with world-renowned MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas we take our research from the laboratory to the clinic, offering cutting edge therapies not available elsewhere, including Phase 1-3 Clinical Trials. We empower patients to become cancer survivors.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity is also eligible for our Management Incentive Program, as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
If you are a New Graduate Nurse with less than 12 months of experience, please visit the main job search page and use keywords RN New Grad to search for openings.
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides strategic leadership, direction and administration of day-to-day operations for designated clinical and operational support departments in accordance with organizational policies and in accordance with standards of professional nursing practice, while maintaining a high level of visibility at the campus, region and system levels. This position is responsible for driving, supporting and modeling a service-oriented culture focused on employee engagement, quality, patient safety, service excellence, fiscal responsibility, and the overall patient experience. This position serves as a member of the leadership team at the facility, building and supporting effective collegial relationships with applicable internal and external constituents and stakeholders and ensuring optimal operating effectiveness and strategic positioning. These partnerships include ongoing collaboration with physician, facility and organizational leaders.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Directs and oversees the day-to-day operations of multiple assigned clinical service and operational support departments within assigned site(s). Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the processes and desired outcomes from clinical operations and motivates staff to perform at the highest level. Assures a measurable, outcome-focused, systematic approach to care delivery. Leads development, implementation and evaluation of evidenced based, quality clinical nursing practice consistent with current nursing research, organizational and national practice standards.
2. Provides leadership in the development, implementation and evaluation of planning structures and processes designed to optimize organizational outcomes. Recruits and retains top talent through effective communication, performance management and professional development. Fosters a team environment by instilling a cooperative atmosphere, promoting collaboration and encouraging constructive conflict. Creates and initiates professional plans for direct reports. Communicates with staff in a manner that is respectful of the diversity of workforce and patients/families.
3. Provides infrastructure and systems to empower staff to contribute to organizational goals and achieve desired outcomes. Ensures and fosters a high level of collaboration within a highly matrixed team environment in order to coordinate activities, review work, exchange information, and resolve problems. Champions, models, and promotes service excellence philosophies and behaviors at the facility, regional, and system levels to enhance the overall patient experience. Assumes a leadership role in collaborating and partnering with other health care providers, services and the community, in philanthropic and outreach activities.
4. Strategizes and drives process improvements focused on innovative care delivery and operational models designed to improve clinical services, outcomes, patient throughput, and patient safety. Promotes a patient-centered, healing environment.
5. Leads the integration of innovation and evidence based findings into practice. Creates an environment supportive of innovative solutions. Assumes a leadership role, in partnership with physician and facility leaders, in managing the quality of services provided across the care delivery continuum and within the larger organization. Demonstrates and directs employees in using a systematic approach in analyzing and utilizing data in problem-solving.
6. Produces results that meet or exceed identified strategic and operational targets through leadership. Assures performance in clinical operations, financial, human resources and quality outcomes meet or exceed established targets. Directs and provides oversight to the management of clinical operations, quality and safety programs, and nursing practice with a focus on results and the evaluation of outcomes data. Leads the effective management of human resources to include staff turnover and retention outcomes and staff satisfaction.
7. Manages the development, implementation and evaluation of new clinical and business programs within the service line. Assists in the development and management of all aspects of branding, marketing and fund raising for the service line.
8. This position has administrative leadership responsibility for the daily operations and strategic development of clinical departments, as well as operational support departments within the facility. This position is accountable for clinical outcomes and ensuring clinical excellence, and coordinates services with other leaders and administrators to achieve goals. This position has constant contact with staff members, frequent contact with other medical center division and department heads, and with medical staff. Customers of this position are both internal and external, including leadership, staff, medical staff, regulatory agencies, and the community.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess a strong knowledge of healthcare operations as normally obtained through the completion of a master's degree in nursing, healthcare administration, or related field.
Requires a current RN license in state of practice.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of clinical care management as normally demonstrated through 7 years of progressive care management experience. Requires demonstrated experience leading and/or managing strategic clinical operations. Experience implementing high quality services and programs in a healthcare environment. Proven track record of partnering with medical staff to achieve desired facility-specific and organizational outcomes. Proven experience in leading fiscally sound, profitable, efficient, and responsible healthcare operations, particularly in clinical, professional, and support programs. Strong financial and business acumen. Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting methodologies. Knowledge of modern national trends in hospital quality and patient safety. Skilled in effectively handling multiple conflicting assignments, demands, and priorities with great attention to detail; coaching direct reports and/or other employees by providing open and honest feedback that results in enhanced performance outcomes; setting and pursuing aggressive goals that demonstrate a strong commitment to organizational success; effectively allocating resources in order to accomplish projects; quickly assessing and assimilating organizational and industry financial dynamics in order to act quickly on new initiatives; negotiating win-win scenarios with outside vendors/partners while representing the organization in the best possible light; developing collaborative relationships with physicians, joint-ventures, strategic partners, and/or other applicable parties; maintaining a high level of organization with strong attention to detail in order to respond quickly to varying situations. Excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills are essential. Leadership style and characteristics necessary to effectively perform in this role include: strong work ethic; results-oriented; persuasive; motivational; able to make rational decisions in difficult situations; inspirational; honorable; confident; systems-thinker; innovative; life-long learner; courageous; high-energy; integrity; collaborator; ability to work with teams; good listening; nonvolatile; values multiple disciplines; and passionate about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to patients, families, employees and physicians.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R2631
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.