Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
Largest Employer in the County
Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Floridaâ™s oldest State Park
Close knit community with a home town family feel
2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
All essential functions must be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Â· Prepares and maintains patients medical records from admission through discharge to facilitate organization, completeness and accuracy of the records system for the unit
Â· Demonstrates the assembling of patient records in chart as per hospital methodology.
Â· Serves as a liaison between patients/families, staff and the medical staff.
Â· Demonstrates techniques of receiving and directing patients and visitors. Answers routine inquiries and makes referrals/consults.
Â· Demonstrates correct labeling of all forms for charts with two patient identifiers.
Â· Maintains the unit census record updated with admissions, transfers, and discharges. Informs Bed Manager of bed availability and facilitates patient flow.
Â· Accurately reconciles the unit midnight census including verification of bed accommodation codes and isolation status.
Â· Maintains downtime forms and downtime chart packets. Efficiently performs tasks required in preparation for scheduled downtime. Supports staff activities during downtime to assure accurate and timely documentation. Prepares downtime forms for scanning after each downtime.
Â· Instructs staff on process of downtime procedures and cabinets to be kept stocked.
Â· Demonstrates and teaches coworkers about basic work process, knowledge of rules and regulations.
Â· Complete procedures via hospital policies and procedures in relation to order entry system
Â· Receives and processes physician orders to assist medical/nursing staff to assure prompt, efficient timely care of all patients.
Â· Consistently uses the Task List to monitor and, when appropriate, process physician orders. Informs the responsible nurse of new orders, STAT orders, and critical test results. Accurately processes physician consult requests, schedules requested procedures, and secures needed equipment.
Â· Demonstrate phone etiquette when speaking with physicians or other medical staff.
Â· Document appropriately on all contacts, date, time.
Â· Keep business cards for all physicians current.
Â· Manages unit supplies, activities, time and other resources in cost effective manner to reduce waste
Â· Places repair request for the department based equipment with Biomedical Department, Computer Support and the Engineering Department in a timely manner using the web-based request form. Follows up on outstanding requests.
Â· Maintains all unit supplies in an organized manner. Monitors inventories and creates requisitions for all necessary supplies for nursing unit including office supplies, forms, and non-stock patient care supplies within established par levels. Keeps the unit manager informed of back orders.
Â· Participates in the patient/family care, using established techniques as part of the multidisciplinary team.
Â· Exhibits professional behavior that reflects patient's right to privacy, dignity and comfort.
Â· Maintains the patient's environment in manner that promotes cleanliness, patient comfort and patient safety.
Â· Responds to patient call lights/bells, cares for the needs of the patient according to her/his skill level.
Â· Assists with moving and positioning of the patient. Transfers patients from beds onto gurneys or into wheelchairs with assistance of other patient care personnel when required.
Â· Ensures patient and personal safety by following proper lifting and patient transporting techniques.
Â· Incorporates principles of infection control, fire & safety, and biohazardous waste handling into daily routines.
Â· Promptly reports changes in patientsâ™ status to the appropriate RN/LPN promptly.
Â· Recognizes emergency situations and acts appropriately.
Â· Collects patient specimens (urine, stool, sputum), labels at bedside comparing two unique patient identifiers, and send to lab for analysis according to protocol and communicate to nurse.
Â· Maintains aseptic technique during sterile procedure setup, demonstrating knowledge of infection control practices.
Â· Assists with room turnovers.
Â· Performs surgical counts according to policy.
Â· In the presence of the RN circulator, assists with circulating duties as assigned.
Â· Chaperones procedures
Â· Assists with the orientation of new employees / performs preceptor duties.
Â· Maintains accurate focus on communication
Â· Follows the principals of AIDET in all patient and family interactions.
Â· Demonstrates effective communication skills, patience, and the ability to explain information to others.
Â· Assists with development and participates in Performance Improvement process and data collection
Â· Communicates and implements changes in policies/procedures
Â· Communicates, collects, reports accurate patient care data to the appropriate team members
Â· Responds to patient call lights in a courteous manner within three rings and informs the responsible caregiver of patient requests.
Â· Documents accurately and timely in the electronic medical record.
Â· Maintains clinical knowledge and seeks to improve competency in the area of responsibility.
* Integrity: I am honest and ethical in all I say and do!
* Compassion: I will exceed my customerâ™s expectations by providing spiritually driven,
* Accountability: I hold myself accountable for all my actions.
* Respect: I treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity and value.
* Excellence: I will exceed the expectations of the patients and family we serve and measure
this service through continuous surveying of patient satisfaction.
3. Demonstrates effective communication skills; is able to report and convey required information either verbally or in writing; maintains required level of confidentiality; consults with and/or advises appropriate personnel of situations requiring follow-up or attention.
4. Conforms to all Adventist Health System corporate/Florida Hospital Heartland Division organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
Â· AHS Code of Conduct as outlined in the âœGuidelines for Employeesâ handbook.
5. Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO, and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
6. Attends/participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: Net Learning, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation and as pertains to each work area.
7. Supports departmental and organizational Mission through:
Â· Appropriate use of resources
Â· Providing assistance to team members
Â· Accepting work or schedule assignments
Â· Participating in process and performance improvement as required
8. Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e., disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
9. Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will
facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
A clinically competent Obstetric Department technician (OB Tech) works under the supervision of the registered nurse in delivering safe and effective physical care as part of the multidisciplinary team to the women prior, during & following pregnancy including the role of OR technician during cesarean section procedures. The OB Tech also assists with care of newborns and gynecological patients. Assists OB surgeons in a manner as to make procedures flow smoothly and strictly adheres to aseptic technique. Also responsible for the secretarial duties of the OB Unit. Effectively interacts with patients and health care team members, while maintaining the Surgical Services Department and OB standards, in accordance with the Hospital mission, physician and patient expectations.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.