Position Summary To provide quality, timely and courteous services to all Hi-Desert Memorial Helathcare Districtï¿½s customers.
1. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
2 Administers bedside haircuts and manicures.
3. Checks with RN as to physical condition of resident, whether on oxygen, fluid restriction, diabetic or capable of transfer.
4. Verifies with Activities, OT and PT to work within their schedules. 5. Checks with residents weekly regarding appointments. Meets new residents within 3 days of admit depending on medical condition.
6. Maintains appointment/ date/time form daily.
7. Submits accurate charges into the MediTech system.
8. Reports to the RN any visible scalp or nail disorder to determine if infection is present.
1. Attends required staff meetings.
2. Is punctual and prompt for work: (more than 3 times late in 30 days is extensive).
3. The policies and procedures for sick and unscheduled absences are followed.
4. Adheres to Hi-Desert Medical Center Dress and Grooming Standards policy.
5. Completes in-service and health exams as required by JCAHO.
Physical demands: ï¿½ Use full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye- hand coordination. ï¿½ Frequently required to stand or sit for extended periods of time. ï¿½ Occasionally required to walk, climb or balance. ï¿½ Occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. ï¿½ Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Working Conditions: ï¿½ While performing the duties of this job, the employee is at risk for exposure to blood and other body fluids, air-born pathogens and other infectious agents. During environmental disaster or mass casualty events, the employee may be required to work in outside weather conditions and become exposed to a hot, cold, wet and/or dry environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the lighting good.
Minimum Education/Certification/Experience: ï¿½ High School Diploma or equivalent. ï¿½ Licensed Cosmetologist
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Continuing Care Center
Job Type: PT1
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005023720
About Hi-Desert Continuing Care Center
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.