Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway, Daytona Beach Florida 32117
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Memorial
Career growth and advancement potential
Faith Based organization
State of the art lab facilities
You will be responsible for:
* Prepare specimens as required by each department
* Match labels and tubes
* Make sure all specimens are logged into the computer.
* Centrifuge specimens when necessary
* Rack prepared specimens and deliver specimens and labels in consecutive order to the correct department
* Reprint labels when necessary
* Prepare specimens to be sent to other laboratories including batch generation and bagging of specimens if trained to do so.
* Register specimens from nursing homes, home health agencies, and physician offices.
* Enter patient demographics including insurance into the computer system.
* Check for Medical Necessity compliance.
* Order tests.
* Answer telephone and route calls appropriately.
* Answer questions regarding test ordering, specimen preparation, etc.
* Resolve problems.
* Empty tube system and log-in specimens.
* Accurately collect Chain of Custody specimens per procedure.
* Identify patient by use of photo ID.
* Properly fill out forms.
* Have donor provide specimen.
* Secure specimen for transport.
* Defrost send-out refrigerator monthly.
* Perform other duties as assigned or as needed.
* Exhibits ICARE values and loving care in all interpersonal contacts. Establishes and maintains courteous, tactful and professional level of interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with customers and populations served, including:
o The public
o Medical staff
o External business associates
* Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills; maintains required level of confidentiality; interacts effectively with employees at all levels.
* Conforms to all Adventist Health System and Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center policies and procedures including but not limited to:
o Mission/Vision/Values and Philosophy
o Customer Service Pledge
o Corporate Compliance
o Rules of Conduct as outlined in the "Guidelines for Employees" handbook
o No Smoking
o Dress Code
* Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO, and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
* Attends/participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required including but not limited to: department Huddles, annual education, safety training, Town Halls, etc. Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, disaster procedure regulations and National Patient Safety Goals as presented in orientation, outlined in safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
* Supports departmental and organizational Mission through:
o Embracing and demonstrating a commitment to Sacred Work
o Appropriate use of resources
o Providing assistance to team members
o Accepting work or schedule assignments
o Participating in process and performance improvement as required
* Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e., disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* High School graduate with two years laboratory experience.
* Minimum of one year's experience if licensed medical technician.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
* Prefer Medical Technician license with one year laboratory experience.
The Laboratory Specimen Processor is responsible for receiving and preparing specimens for the laboratory including centrifuging when necessary. The processor delivers the specimens to each department in the manner required by each instrument or test.
This position requires general knowledge of each department. They must be able to register outpatient lab work. They must be able to answer questions and trouble shoot problems for physician's offices, nursing homes and other hospital departments. They may help in preparing specimens and batches for send-outs to other laboratories.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.