JOB SUMMARY Senior International Tax Analyst is responsible for non-complex & complex administrative duties relating to taxation of payments to international persons (employees, visitors, etc.). Perform professional work requiring the complex application and use of concepts, theories, practices, and terminology related to international tax. Process various financial documents and evaluate submitted forms to ensure compliance with government regulations. Analyze data and prepare internal reports consistent with a firm understanding of the institutional mission and vision, the role and goals of the business unit. Consult with Manager to resolve problems and create appropriate internal protocols to ensure compliance with US tax regulations (IRS) as they pertain to international persons.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES Tax System Responsibilities - * Manage the international tax database to collect tax information and ensure consistency of information between international tax database and payroll database. * Manage the generation of reports on a weekly, quarterly and annual basis to ensure accuracy of international tax database, visa status and tax status information. Oversee the collection of documentation and information to ensure that international tax files and database are accurate. * Ensure that payroll system is properly updated to maintain consistency with the international tax database. * Consult with VUMC management and database vendor, Glacier, on a regular basis regarding customization and integrity of database.
International Tax & Payroll Record Write-Up - * Manage the preparation of accurate written payroll documentation and forward to HR Processing in a timely fashion to ensure that information is received by established payroll deadlines. * Manage adjustments to taxation information are in keeping with changes to the immigration and/or tax status of international personnel. Ensure documentation is forwarded to HR Processing in a timely fashion.
Federal Tax Filings & Administrative Responsibilities * Answer e-mail, mail and telephone queries on complex international tax matters; consult with leaders as necessary. * Manage the timely collection and mailing of various tax documents to the IRS (Form 1042, 8233, etc.). * Manage annual preparation of 1042-S forms; ensure accuracy of annual taxation information in consultation with HR Finance and HR Processing to ensure consistency of information in all databases. * Manage and perform weekly, quarterly and annual reviews to ensure all files are accurately updated or closed. * Consult with manager to update website content; assess workflow to ensure increased efficiency and simplification of processes. * Liaise with technical staff to ensure international tax table updating is accurate. Engage in system testing as necessary.
Payment Requests * Supervise the completion of all check requests and travel reimbursement requests and maintain a record of all payment request processing. Work closely with Disbursements to ensure correct taxation on all check request payments. * Participate in Seminars/Workshops & Professional Development. * Present workshops on international tax matters, attend meetings, and serve on committees to provide guidance on international tax matters. Attend workshops and engage in professional development activities.
* Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) (Required) * 5 years experience * Experience with Glacier preferred * Must be an independent self-starter * Excellent presentation skills * Good organizational and administrative skills, including MS Office and data base applications.
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Internal Number: 2004451
About Vanderbilt Health
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.