Director Surgical Multi-Campus Apopka-Winter Garden
Apopka: 2100 Ocoee Apopka Rd Apopka, FL 32703
Winter Garden: 2000 Fowler Grove Blvd. Winter Garden, FL 34787
* Full Time Monday - Friday 7a - 5p (must be flexible)
You Will Be Responsible For:
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY :
* Coordinates the continuity of care provided for departments in surgical services which may include but is not limited to; pre-testing, pre-op, operating room, PACU, Endoscopy, and sterile processing.
* Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action. Exercises leadership ability, accepts responsibility, exercises authority, and functions independently using effective written and verbal communication.
* Utilizes leadership skills through timely, appropriate decisions and organizational ability with appropriate priority setting.
* Provides collaborative leadership in providing consistent safety and service standards for the Patient Experience Model.
* Effectively communicates with patients, families, employees, physicians and other department leaders.
* Accomplishes objectives, celebrates successes, and communicates a shared vision for the organization.
* Develops strategic relationships in the community including healthcare industry, informatics and academia.
COMPLIANCE/REGULATORY RESPONSIBILITY :
* Promotes a safe environment: Supervises and initiates appropriate action in emergency situations, demonstrates awareness and control of hazards which may endanger patients, visitors and employees, identifies environmental concerns by conducting routine unit rounds, communicating necessary precautions for the safe environment.
* Ensures adherence to appropriate regulatory standards.
OPERATING & CAPITAL BUDGET/FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY :
* Manages financial resources to assure needed resources are available to care for the patient.
* Develops, implements, and monitors the budget for their defined area(s) of responsibility.
* Utilizes hospital database management, decision support, and systems program to access information and analyze data from for use in planning for patient care processes and systems
* Assists in service line proformas, capital equipment planning, and supply chain management.
STRATEGIC PLANNING RESPONSIBILITY :
* Participates in strategic planning in collaboration with the Executive Director and Vice President of Surgical Services. Develops, prepares, recommends and implements goals and objectives for the department.
* Collaborate with Campus Directors on developing budgets, capital requests, department goals and strategic planning that aligns to overall organizational objectives and vision.
* Stays abreast of changes in the industry and communicates with leadership.
PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT RESPONSIBILITY :
* Develops and manages the implementation of FH system objectives and goals. Responsible for ongoing evaluation of processes and assuring standardization of work instructions are fully deployed in areas of responsibility.
* Monitors clinical and operational performance indicators and develops action plans to meet established goals.
* Acts as a change agent, utilizing change theory to plan for the implementation of organizational change, supports staff during the change, and adapts leadership style to the situations of the change.
COMMUNITY RELATIONS RESPONSIBILITY :
* Role model for service standards, mission, vision, and values and "one plan".
* Advocates team involvement of the Hospital approved community enrichment programs
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Five (5) years' experience in healthcare
* Three (3) years' experience in leadership roles in a comparable health care entity
Education and Experience Preferred :
Experience in the clinical setting related to area of specialty
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
The Director - Surgical Multi-Campus provides administrative oversight and has comprehensive responsibility for directing Surgical Services and / or System service line support for multiple campuses and departments. This may include some or all of the following departments: hospital-based operating rooms, ambulatory surgical centers, endoscopy departments, pain management services, pre-operative services, post anesthesia care units, and other anesthesia/procedural areas. Is accountable for strategic planning, development of standardized services, and the integration of hospital and non-hospital based encounters for specific age groups as defined in scope of services. Responsible for staffing standards, resource needs, and compliance of clinical and regulatory standards. Works with multidisciplinary leadership in the planning, and implementation of system-wide programs that align with the goals of the organization. Adheres to the FH Corporate Compliance Plan, and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, federal agencies, and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.