Under minimal direction, this role uses independent judgment to apply extensive knowledge of human resources performance practices, policies, procedures, and services to support Detroit Medical Center objectives. Ensures that the human resources needs of internal and external customers are met. Enables internal customers to effectively connect people and business strategies. Models customer service and continuous learning to management team. Anticipates opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of HR services delivery.
1. Develops positive relationships and partnerships with customers and peers.
2. Generates innovative ideas and applies change best practices to ensure desired impact of key initiatives.
3. Creates a team environment in which information flows freely and decision-making is based on a win-win philosophy.
4. Constantly focuses on the continuous improvement of services and processes.
5. Responds to customers needs in a manner that provides added value and generates significant customer satisfaction.
6. Demonstrates the ability to determine key needs, diagnose and address problems and monitor progress with important initiatives and activities.
7. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations, the Corporate Compliance Program, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest ethical and professional behavior.
8. Applies accepted research/analysis methodologies in order to gather information, compile data results, interpret data and analyze trends. Utilizes intermediate statistical, mathematical and computer skills in analysis and reporting of data to management or interested parties.
9. Develops, obtains, and/or administers training programs to educate administration, managers, staff and peers on policies, processes, and procedures.
10. Coordinates, implements and administers policies and programs encompassing aspects of HR to include compensation, employee relations, benefits and training.
11. Consults, advises and recommends methods, processes and actions to employees, management and administration concerning employee relations matters.
12. Works closely with Compensation staff in reviewing special compensation requests, including job evaluations, job descriptions and other elements related to job structure.
13. Demonstrates flexibility in applying different approaches to changing work demands
14. Proactively seeks performance feedback and identifies approaches to improve own and others performance and learning.
15. Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of customer organizations.
Behaves in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values of DMC. Leadership/Consultant Competencies: Visionary Leadership-Strategic perspective used to guide daily operation.
1. Focuses on strategies and mission of the hospital and educates staff on strategic planning cycle.
2. Incorporates current and future best practices in healthcare into daily operating practice.
3. Identifies, plans, and executes needed change within areas of responsibility. Customer-Focused Leadership
4. Establishes and maintains positive customer relationships.
5. Role models the customer service standards (Respect, Courtesy, Ownership, privacy, Professionalism, Responsiveness). Interaction Skills
6. Conveys appropriate messages to diverse audiences, customers, and staff in a timely and effective manner.
7. Incorporates effective communication methods (listening, empathizing and paraphrasing).
8. Builds positive, collaborative relationships while seeking resolution to business challenges Positive Work Environment
9. Provides regular, timely and specific feedback on staff performance through established performance evaluation process.
10. Flexible, approachable, open to feedback from staff, peers and manager.
11. Assesses and leverages staff skill sets and potential to optimize individual and department productivity.
12. Provides appropriate strategies and resources for staff developmental growth. Self Development
13. Maintains balance by learning growing, flexing, and adapting.
14. Uses effective coping skills to manage daily challenges and unplanned stresses Accountability
15. Sets realistic objectives for staff, and monitors progress.
16. Demonstrates fiscal responsibility through budget management process.
17. Uses data-driven problem solving approaches.
18. Incorporates performance improvement tools (root cause analysis, plan do, check, act) and Establishes and maintains positive customer relationships.
1. Bachelors degree in Human Resources (or related discipline) or equivalent combination of education and experience as a HR Generalist or experiences in multiple disciplines of HR. Active certification as PHR, SPHR or GPHR preferred. Masters preferred in Human Resources or related field. 2. Five to seven years of progressively more responsible work experience in Human Resources and demonstrated knowledge in all areas of Human Resources. Previous experience in Labor Relations is preferred.
Job: Human Resources
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Receiving Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905027927
About DMC Receiving Hospital
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.