When submitting a resume/CV by email, you must include the job title and posting number in the subject line of your email . An application or resume/CV must be filed for each position which interests you.
To receive Veteran Preference, appropriate discharge papers must be attached to the online application or must be included w ith your emailed resume/CV. Please refer to Veteran Preference document requirements listed on the bottom of this posting.
The Physician Assistant (PA) will work in the outpatient Obstetrics & Gynecology (Ob/Gyn) clinics and Labor Delivery under the Direction of the Medical Department Chair of Obstetrics and Gynecology and under administrative leadership of the Clinic Manager, provides exceptional comprehensive care to a diverse patient population within the scope of practice of the collaborating physician in Obstetrics and Gynecology. The PA will perform a variety of specialized and professional services to both Ob/Gyn patient including: patient assessment, management of common medical conditions, and pre/post procedure counseling and evaluation. Develops and implements patient management plans for the provision of care. Maintains professional and technical knowledge through continued educational programs and workshops supporting emerging healthcare trends. Performs duties within the legal guidelines of the Cook County Health (CCH) Policies.
* Provides and manages direct patient care in the OB/Gyn outpatient clinics and Labor and Delivery including obtaining a detailed medical history and physical exam, developing a patient assessment and plan, documentation in the EMR, updating problem lists, and placing orders for appropriate lab, radiological, and diagnostic testing.
* Participates in the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of common obstetric and gynecological conditions including but not limited to basic obstetrical work-up (exams), basic gynecology work-ups (exams), basic infertility work-ups (exam), basic urogyne work-ups, urogynecological testing, basic gyn one oncology work-ups and exams, and quality management including recording follow-up of lab results/tests etc.
* Provides emergency obstetrical assessment for patients greater than 20 weeks gestation, post-operative/procedure wound care, fundal height, fetal heart tones, blood pressure management for pre-eclampsia, cervical dilatation assessment, and evaluation for possible labor and delivery admission.
* Reviews diagnostic tests and notifies the physician of findings.
* Performs evaluation and treatment procedures essential to provide an appropriate basic response to life threatening emergency situations pending the arrival of a physician.
* Provides patient education, counseling, and instruction regarding patient treatment and problems, pre and post procedure.
* Works alongside a multidisciplinary team to ensure that clinic flow and patient throughput is optimized
* Assists with patient follow up regarding genetic counseling and testing.
* Assists in clinical research
* Assists in teaching residents, medical students, and other healthcare professionals.
* Teaches and supervises PA Students
* Conducts patient's health needs assessments.
Typical Duties continued
* Informs and effectively communicates with patient test results and/or diagnosis.
* Identifies and communicates with supervisor any patient care issues; offers research guided recommendations for improvement initiatives if applicable.
* Assists in minor surgery and first assist in major surgery as needed by division.
* Develops and implements patient management plans in providing continuity of care.
* Performs procedures, treatments, and other subspecialty dependent modalities within the scope of the supervising physician to improve patient outcomes.
* Performs pain management and understands when to administer appropriate techniques and methods in Anesthesia, Advanced Wound Management, Diagnostic/Therapeutic procedures, Diagnostic Radiology Interpretation, Operative/Perioperative Care, and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
* Adheres to quality and patient safety standards set forth by CCHHS.
* Adheres to infection control policies and protocols, i.e. hand hygiene.
* Prescribes and dispenses medications utilizing best practices.
* Complies with federal, state and local legal and professional requirements.
* Maintains professional licensing requirements and technical knowledge through continued educational programs and workshops supporting emerging healthcare trends.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of an Accreditation Review Commission (ARC) Physician Assistant program
* Board Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) or ability to obtain certification prior to starting employment
* Valid Physician Assistant license in the State of Illinois or have the ability to obtain license prior to starting employment
* Valid Illinois Controlled Substances License (ILCS) or ability to obtain license within six (6) months of starting employment
* Valid licensure with the Federal DEA or ability to obtain license within six (6) months of starting employment
* Must possess an Advanced Cardiopulmonary Life Support (ACLS) certification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
* Knowledge of proper hand hygiene and hand washing techniques
* Knowledge of infectious control policies and procedures
* Thorough knowledge of Physician Assistant practices and principles and the ability to apply them in a clinical setting.
* Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office applications and electronic medical record
* Excellent Physician Assistant clinical and technical skills
* Knowledge and skill to perform mathematical accuracy in measuring and dispensing medication
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of staff and a patient population composed of diverse cultures and age groups
* Strong customer service and empathy skills
* Demonstrates good computer and typing skills
* Demonstrate good phone and email etiquette skills with strong response times
* Demonstrate analytical and organizational, problem-solving, critical thinking, and conflict management/resolution skills
* Demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy and precision
* Ability to effectively communicate while maintaining HIPPA for PHI
* Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced and stressful environment
* Ability to adhere to department policies and standards utilizing best practices
* Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and composure when challenged
* Ability to function autonomously and as part of a multidisciplinary team
* Ability to see and hear clearly (including with correction)
* Ability to tolerate exposure to unpleasant noise, odor and temperature
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
* Basic Term Life Insurance
* Pension Plan
* Deferred Compensation Program
* Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
* You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must :
* Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
* Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
* Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
***Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.***
***Must successfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook County Health and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois MD license and any other license, certification, or specialized training, etc. no later than two (2) weeks prior to the candidate's start date.***
COOK COUNTY GOVERNMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ABOUT COOK COUNTY HEALTH (CCH)
The Cook County Health’s mission is to deliver integrated health services with dignity and respect regardless of a patient’s ability to pay; foster partnerships with other health providers and communities to enhance the health of the public; and advocate for policies that promote the physical, mental and social wellbeing of the people of Cook County.
CCH is comprised of two hospitals, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital and Provident Hospital, a robust network of more than a dozen community health centers, the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center, the Community Triage Center, the Cook County Department of Public Health, Cermak Health Services, which provides health care to individuals at the Cook County Jail and the Juvenile Temporary Detention Center, and CountyCare, a Medicaid managed care health plan.
The system cares for more than 300,000 patients each year and its physicians are experts in their fields, committed to providing their patients with comprehensive, compassionate and cutting-edge care. Today, CCH is transforming the provision of health care in Cook County by promoting community-based primary and preventive care, growing an innovative, ...collaborative health plan and enhancing the patient experience.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER