Kadlec Regional Medical Center has an exciting opportunity for a Patient Access Representative Level I to join our growing team\!
Shift Details: Full time, 1\.0\. Variable shifts\.
- GED or High School Diploma from an accredited educational institution required\.
- Six months customer service experience required\.
- General office experience preferred\.
- Bi\-lingual or multi\-lingual skills preferred\.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
As a Patient Access Representative Level I you will perform patient registration and pre\-registration of scheduled accounts, verify insurance coverage, benefits, and obtain pre\-certification, referral or authorizations as needed per insurance requirements\. You will also participate in the collection of up\-front revenue due the facility\.
FSED ONLY:Manager, Patient Access will act on behalf of the Manager, FSED to provide oversight of specific patient access skills, QAs, competencies, etc\. Must present self in a professional manner, work well with a multidisciplinary team, have good communication skills, and adhere to KRMC's policies and vision statement\.
- Obtains complete and accurate demographic and financial information from a variety of sources, including patient interviews, physician offices and in\-house departments\.
- Performs required pre\-certification and deposit collection\. Enters data in computer and thoroughly documents any incomplete admissions/registrations in manner prescribed\. Obtains pre\-certification, referral or authorization number and updates the patient's file\.
- Provides demographic information to insurance companies and calls physician's offices as needed for pre\-certification\.
- Notifies patients or family members of any insurance coverage issues that may result in coverage reductions\.
- Notifies patients of co\-payments, deductibles or deposits needed\.
- Provides patients with estimated cost for services\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —
Provide safe compassionate care\. We promise to answer the call of every person we serve; to know them, care for them and ease their way\. We are committed to safety, compassion, respect, integrity, stewardship, excellence and collaboration\.
Located in sunny Tri\-Cities, WA, Kadlec is the largest non\-profit healthcare provider in the region\. Kadlec is the premier choice for customer service excellence, providing compassionate healthcare to the region by combining cutting\-edge technology and innovation with evidence\-based, patient\-focused care\. Kadlec is proud to be part of Planetree \(Planetree\.org\) and continues to be recognized nationally as a "Best in Class Employer"\. Kadlec does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Law\. EOE\.To learn more, click here: http://www\.kadlec\.org/careers/about\-kadlec
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 154310