Providence is calling a part time, day shift Registered Nurse to Day Care at Providence Tarzana Medical Center in Tarzana, CA.
In this position you will:
- Plan, direct, coordinate and provide high quality, individualized patient care using the components of the nursing process.
- Obtain pre-surgical admission orders inclusive of needed tests and surgical consents.
- Assume responsibility for patient placement on the unit and assignment of care responsibilities that consider complexity of nursing care required by each patient.
- Review pre-admission test results and notifies physician of possible abnormal results.
- Monitor and ensure that medical clearance is obtained.
- Coordinate obtaining of history and physicals, anesthesia screening, and consultation reports as necessary.
- Provides patient education regarding pre-procedure preparation, the procedural process and post-procedure/discharge instructions.
- Current CA Registered Nurse license
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (AHA-BLS) for Healthcare Provider
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
- Electrocardiogram recognition and clinical implications course
- Current LA City Fire Card within 90 days of hire
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- National Certification
- 1 yrs experience in acute care setting
About the ministry you will serve:
Providence Tarzana Medical Center is a 245-bed not-for-profit medical center that serves the San Fernando Valley, offering high quality specialty services, including: heart and vascular care, orthopedics, oncology and senior services. Recognizing the special health care needs of women and children, our Women's Pavilion & Resource Center provides women's health and maternity care in once central location. The hospital specializes in pediatrics and has one of the largest neonatal intensive care units in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Tarzana has a reputation for clinical excellence and sophisticated technology with a personal touch. Providence Health & Services cares about the people and the lives that we touch each and every day. We are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core-values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. With a rich past reaching back more than 65 years in Southern California, and 150 years in total, Providence Health & Services today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Surgical Services (Intraop)
Req ID: 127280