Kadlec has an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our growing Emergency Department\!
Shift Details: Full time, 0\.9\. 12 hour variable shifts\.Shifts include weekends\.
About our Emergency Department \(ED\):
An inaugural, 2011 recipient of the ENA's Lantern Award, the Emergency Department offers 24\-hour comprehensive emergency medical services, with over half of the nurses certified in emergency nursing along with board Certified Emergency Physicians and Advanced Practice Clinicians\. Kadlec is an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, Level I Cardiac Center, Level II Stroke Center, Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center, and designated Level III Adult Trauma Center\. Our ED consists of 37 beds and sees over 60,000 patients annually\. We offer social services in the ED, electronic medical records, all digital computerized diagnostic imaging, EMS 12\-lead EKG transmission, bed\-side registration, and POC and I\-stat testing\.
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire required
- All Registered Nurses without a Bachelor's of Nursing \(BSN\) degree or higher must obtain a BSN within 3 years from date of hire required
- Active Washington State RN licensure required
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS required
- ACLS required\.
- PALS or ENPC within 6 months
- TNCC within 6 months
- Twelve \(12\) months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility required\.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors of Nursing degree \(BSN\) preferred\.
- Certification in related specialty area preferred\.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
As a Registered Nurseyou provide professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment\. You are also accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence\-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan\.
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient's careto achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes\.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve\.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students\.
- Align practice with safety and quality\. Be accountable for safety, identify and correct problems\.
- Engagein ongoing professional development;promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice\.
- Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter\-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —
To provide quality health care for every patient\. Our Vision: To be the comprehensive regional integrated health delivery system\. Our Values: Respect, Integrity, and Cooperation\.
Located in sunny Tri\-Cities, WA, Kadlec is the largest non\-profit healthcare provider in the region\. Kadlec is the premier choice for customer service excellence, providing compassionate healthcare to the region by combining cutting\-edge technology and innovation with evidence\-based, patient\-focused care\. Kadlec is proud to be part of Planetree \(Planetree\.org\) and continues to be recognized nationally as a "Best in Class Employer"\. Kadlec does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Law\. EOE\.To learn more, click here: http://www\.kadlec\.org/careers/about\-kadlec
Job Category: Emergency Nursing
Req ID: 149581