Health Services Asset Management is calling a Collection Specialist to Providence Strategic and Management Services in Renton, WA.
The Collections Specialist contributes to the achievement of financial targets, performance standards and service delivery.
In this position you will:
- Take initiative to secure payment or resolve delinquent account balances.
- Negotiate terms of repayment to bring accounts current.
- Skip tracing to ensure optimal opportunities for account resolution.
- Re-establish defaulted payment plans. Resolve exceptions to ensure the proper flow of accounts through the collections process.
- Minimize accounts written off to internal bad debt.
- Minimize the number of accounts referred to third party collections agencies.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Two years experience in call center, billing, collections or financial industry
- Knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations
- Ability to successfully pass a credit check
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- American Collectors Association (ACA) certification or similar certification in credit and collections
- Prior Epic experience
Health Services Asset Management, a division of One Revenue Cycle (ORC) is the name adopted to reflect the Providence employees who work throughout Providence Health & Services (PH&S) in revenue cycle systems and structures in support of our ministries and operations in all regions from Alaska to California. ORC's objective is to ensure our core strategy, One Ministry Committed to Excellence, is delivered along with the enhanced overall patient care experience (know me, care for me, ease my way) by providing a robust foundation of services, operational and technical support, and the sharing of comprehensive, relevant, and highly specialized revenue cycle expertise
The functions described in this position description carry out the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of PH&S and Health Service Asset Management (HSAM) by ensuring that all healthcare services provided at the facility are billed and paid both accurately and timely. These functions are performed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, and HSAM policies and procedures. In all aspects, the incumbent serves as a role model for the values and mission of the organization
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Billing / Insurance
Req ID: 150601