Providence is calling a Full Time, Variable shift Instrument Technician I to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro in San Pedro, CA.
In this position you will:
- Under the direction and/or indirect supervision of the Clinical Supervisor, RN and Product Manager, provide ancillary and support services to the Operating Room, Post Anesthesia Care Unit and Ambulatory Care Center.
- Provide patient transport to the following age group: Pediatrics to older adults.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current BCLS certification
- Able to read, write, and comprehend English and basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Requires the ability to establish and maintain a courteous and cooperative (service oriented) working relationship with patients, families, visitors, hospital staff and co-workers.
- Requires the ability to fluently speak, read, write and understand the English language.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position as defined on the RU-91 form.
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 25 pound (frequent lifting, bending, and turning).
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of one year hospital or clinical experience in Operating Room or Central Services preferred.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro is a 259-bed nonprofit hospital that has served the Harbor and greater South Bay communities since 1925. Our Medical Center offers a comprehensive array of medical and surgical services each distinguished by innovation, quality and excellence in its respective area. We received the CHART "Certificate of Excellence" for receiving superior or above average results across the majority of outcomes and process measures publicly reported by CHART. We ranked in the top 21 among more than 240 hospitals throughout the state compared by California Healthcare Foundation, and were the first location in the South Bay to carry the Gold Seal of Approval® from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. As a member of Providence Health & Services, we are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. Providence Health & Services today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Location: California-San Pedro
Req ID: 147405