Providence is calling a full time, variable shift to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro in San Pedro, CA.
In this position you will:
- Work under the direction of an RN following assessment, planning, facilitation and advocacy, which are achieved through collaboration with the client and other health care professionals involved in the client's care.
- Monitor and transition care under direction from the RN.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- California State Licensed Vocational Nurse License ( LVN )
- Two to three year's acute hospital experience, including one year of supervisory experience.
- Strong knowledge base or experience in specialty area assigned.
- Basic computer skills, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge regarding State andFederal regulations, HMO, PPO and Utilization processes
- Knowledge of Discharge planning and Case Management
- Knowledge of principles and practices of Utilization and Quality Management
- Knowledge of CPT, IDC-9 Coding
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro is a 259-bed nonprofit hospital that has served the Harbor and greater South Bay communities since 1925. Our Medical Center offers a comprehensive array of medical and surgical services each distinguished by innovation, quality and excellence in its respective area. We received the CHART "Certificate of Excellence" for receiving superior or above average results across the majority of outcomes and process measures publicly reported by CHART. We ranked in the top 21 among more than 240 hospitals throughout the state compared by California Healthcare Foundation, and were the first location in the South Bay to carry the Gold Seal of Approval® from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. As a member of Providence Health & Services, we are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. Providence Health & Services today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Case Management
Location: California-San Pedro
Req ID: 149469