MANAGER, INPATIENT CARE COORDINATION
Job Number: 00119867
Job Posting: Mar 13, 2017, 3:18:01 PM
Closing Date: Mar 28, 2017, 12:59:00 AM Full-time Shift Start Time: 8:00 A.M. Shift End Time: 4:00 P.M.
Collective Bargaining Unit: None Posting Salary: COMPETITIVE
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
LOCATION: JOHN H STROGER HOSPITAL / INTEGRATED CARE MANAGEMENT
SHIFT: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Inpatient Social Service and Registered Nurse - Case Management teams assigned to Provident and Stroger Inpatient facilities. Supervises the team to assure that all at risk and patients with psycho-social issues are appropriately screened to ensure that their needs are met during both hospitalization and reflected in the discharge planning process.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (Official transcripts must be provided at time of interview) and current license as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) in the state of Illinois OR current license as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in the state of Illinois..
- A minimum of five (5) years of nursing or social work experience in an inpatient setting to include at least three (3) years of work experience providing care coordination, case management services, or utilization review.
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience in a healthcare setting is required.
- Managed Care Payor experience.
KNOWLDEGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
- Knowledge of JCAHO, NCQA, Medicare/Medicaid requirements, performance improvement.
- Knowledge of electronic record systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, Are you a Military Veteran?
Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable.
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan and Deferred Compensation Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER