North Suburban Medical Center has established a reputation as a facility responsive to patient and community expectations. Our mission, vision, and values were developed as guides so that we continuously understand and respond to our patient and community expectations.
What you can expect from being a Case Manager at North Suburban Medical Center:
Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager Full Time
• RN acute care experience and acute care case management experience preferred for discharge planning and utilization review.
• As a Case Manager, You are responsible for the coordination of services through the continuum of care that balances the delivery of quality patient care with the cost effective utilization of resources.
• You will perform concurrent clinical review to determine appropriateness of admission and continued need for care delivery in the acute hospital setting.
• Supports collaboration and communication among the patient/family and entire health care team regarding the patient's plan of care and continued needs post-discharge and facilities those services required.
• You will Performs telephonic clinical reviews with claims insurance personnel to facilitate reimbursement for the delivery of patient care services.
• Identifies quality and/or risk issues and reports to the appropriate individual/department.
A. Licensure/Certification/Registration: Colorado State Licensure as a Registered Nurse; Current BLS certification; Case Management or CPHQ certification strongly preferred.
B. Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, Bachelor’s degree in nursing is preferred.
C. Experience: Skill in assessing planning and managing patient care delivery as acquired thorough a minimum of 2 years of clinical nursing experience in the acute care setting. Prior utilization/quality/discharge planning/and/or case management experience highly preferred.
D. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: a. Solid clinical knowledge base in medical/surgical nursing. b. Ability to perform effectively in team situations. c. Ability to assess information and apply critical thinking processes to determine course of action and relay this information to the interdisciplinary team. d. Excellent human relations and oral/written communication skills. e. Above average organizational/prioritization skills.
Internal Number: 03192
Over the last 20 years since founded, our HealthONE Family of Hospitals has expanded dramatically to become the largest hospital system and one of the largest employers in the Denver Metro area.
Our system has grown to include 10,000 employees, eight hospitals, six stand-alone emergency departments, numerous ambulatory surgery centers, occupational medicine clinics, physician practices, imaging centers, and AIRLIFE-DENVER, which provides critical care air and ground transportation across a 10-state region. With a mission focused on the care and improvement of human life, our desire to serve patients is at the core of every decision