The Heart Hospital Baylor Denton is a 22-bed cardiovascular specialty hospital located in Denton, Texas. Modeled after The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano, its mission is to provide safe, quality, compassionate care and five-star service. The facility offers comprehensive surgical and interventional, noninvasive, diagnostic cardiac and vascular services, and cardiovascular rehabilitation services to Denton County and the fast-growing North Texas region. A Comprehensive Wound and Vascular Center with hyperbaric oxygen therapy offers wound care management to help improve each patient's quality of life.
Expected to open May 2019, Baylor, Scott & White Medical Center in McKinney, Texas, is expanding by adding a new "hospital in a hospital." The Heart Hospital Baylor McKinney, will include 26,932 square feet of new construction and 7,942 square feet of renovated space for inpatient beds, a surgical unit, procedure rooms, and additional cardiovascular care services. The one-story expansion adds four inpatient beds and 10 post-anesthesia care units. In addition, the new hospital will be equipped with four spacious procedure rooms for electrophysiology and catheterization, eight holding rooms, shell space, and the relocation of the existing interventional radiology (IR) room to the host hospital.
The Vice President of Hospital Operations over The Heart Hospital Baylor Denton and The Heart Hospital Baylor McKinney provides leadership and oversight of the day-to-day operations of the organization by providing direction and structure to operating units. Implement effective and ongoing programs in areas of responsibility to measure, assess, and improve the quality of care/services provided and levels of service excellence in a cost-effective manner. The VP of Hospital Operations, reporting to the President, also designs, improves and implements various systems the hospital utilizes to provide services.
In addition, the VP of Hospital Operations for BSWH has the following responsibilities:
* Assure hospital compliance with federal, state and local government laws and regulations, accrediting agency standards and hospital policies and procedures rules and regulations.
* Participate in the development of the facility's strategic plan and short and long-term objectives to ensure the continued growth of the facility and the provision of necessary services to the community.
* Lead financial management activities within respective areas of responsibility, including the creation of annual budgets, variance analysis and monthly financial reports; the development of annual capital budgets and cost benefit analysis for new and/or expanding programs and services.
* Assure system-wide implementations of BSWH, hospital policies and procedures and discover innovative methods to improve them.
* Conduct needs analysis, identify and apply effective problem-solving expertise to identify alternate processes and potential solutions and acts to implement changes to improve operations.
* Ensure effective collection, categorization, filing, management, privacy, confidentiality, security, redundancy, retrieval and reporting capabilities of all data and information used by the hospital.
* Establish and communicate a clear and compelling vision, while implementing, and updating strategies for growth and improvement to support the mission, ambition, values, and strategies.
* Create an organizational climate that encourages teamwork, builds employee engagement, collaborates, accepts accountability, and produces quality results.
* Collaborate with community leaders as appropriate to assess community healthcare needs, build a positive hospital image and educate regarding hospital services.
* Lead and maintain a workplace that respects and values associate's differences, recognizing the unique contributions that individuals can make, and creating a work environment that maximizes their potential.
PREFERED CANDIDATE PROFILE
* 5-7 years of experience, preferably within the Cardiovascular setting
* Possesses the ability to solve management issues and direct a variety of numerous operations
* Previous experience communicating with senior management/executives, including physicians, Board of Directors, and community business leaders
* Working knowledge of Medicaid & Medicare systems
* Previous experience in leadership, strategic management, change management, communications, team building, continuous quality improvement, problem solving, decision-making, innovation, financial management of operations and stewardship of resources, preferably in an acute care healthcare environment.
* Previous project management experience
* Able to quickly identify problems and work with people to resolve them
* LEAN or Six Sigma training a plus
* Master's Degree
* 3 years of experience
Internal Number: 18013508
About Baylor Scott & White
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!