If you are looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity, join the team of CHI Franciscan Rehabilitation Hospital. This brand new hospital is currently under construction and will serve patients recovering from strokes, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries, and other conditions. The 60-bed hospital is a joint venture partnership between CHI Franciscan and Kindred Healthcare in Tacoma, WA.
Assumes responsibility and accountability for the coordination and implementation of case management strategies pursuant to the Case Management Plan. Plans and coordinates care of the patient from pre-hospitalization through discharge. Coordinates the discharge planning function in conjunction with the social worker, admissions coordinator and assists the DPCS with screening, investigation and problem solving as needed.
The employee must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance to reflect proper image for the Hospital and the board members, medical staff, community leaders and fellow employees. Must have good organizational skills and analytical ability in order to interpret information, and carry out duties independently. Must be cooperative and have the desire to be a team player. Must recognize and observe confidentiality principles.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - Experience/Skills:
Current LCSW/LMSW or Registered/Licensed Nurse licensure in Washington
Minimum of 2 years social work or case management experience; acute/rehabilitation hospital experience preferred
Effective oral and written communication skills in English, additional languages preferred
Basic computer skills required
1. Sitting, standing, bending, lifting, and moving intermittently during working hours
2. Working in well lighted/ventilated office areas of the facility.
3. Subject to frequent interruptions.
4. Willingness to work beyond normal working hours when necessary and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
5. Attend and participate in continuing education programs.
6. May be subjected to infectious diseases, substances, and contaminated articles, etc.
7. Is subject to quiet to moderate noise levels.
1. Must be able to move intermittently throughout day.
2. Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
3. Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately, so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
Job : Case Mgmt/MDS Primary Location : WA-Tacoma-Franciscan Specialty Care Organization : HRS IRFS Shift : Day