POSITION SUMMARY: Under indirect to general supervision, the counselor performs a broad range of counseling functions. Including provision of individual and family therapies as ordered daily group therapy for assigned unit(s) and completion of comprehensive psychosocial. Supports an organizational culture for Service Excellence and practices the Service Excellence and practices the Service Excellence Standards to all customer groups
Provides direct patient services to patients from age 2 to geriatric including:
1. Provides individual, marital, family and/or group psychotherapy and education of a psychosocial nature to patients with various psychiatric diagnoses; develops treatment plans according to the age, developmental level and cultural background of the patient.
2. Consults with psychiatrists, other physicians or therapists and staff of other departments. Identifies patient needs and communicates these to the treatment team.
3. Maintains appropriate documentation of therapeutic and assessment activities in a timely manner and with appropriate attention to detail.
4. Communicates with patients, families, caregivers, significant others and members of the healthcare team to promote maximum benefit of care.
5. Performs psychological/chemical dependency assessment within limits of license or under supervision, demonstrating knowledge of developmental issues as they affect such evaluation.
6. Provides comprehensive psychosocial assessments for Pavilion patients.
Northwest is a 495 bed system serving the city of Amarillo and the surrounding region. We offer the ideal combination of traditional values and the most advanced technologies in healthcare, plus the conveniences of big city living in a friendly, smaller-town atmosphere. From the beauty of Palo Duro Canyon and great recreational facilities, to our quality educational system, Amarillo is a great place to live and work.
A hospital is only as good as its caregivers. That's why we're looking for allied health professionals who are dedicated and passionate about their work. We're looking for employees who can add to our culture of exemplary patient care and personal excellence. We're looking for exceptional professionals who share our vision and values.
Northwest Texas Healthcare System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
DISCLAIMER Northwest Texas Healthcare System, a subsidiary of UHS, is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.