Under the direction of the Food and Nutrition Directors, supervises and coordinates the activities of the food service staff in overall food preparation for patient,cafeteria, doctor, and special meal service functions. Responsible for hospital/department vision and mission goal of excellent food service through resource and budget control.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Supervises, trains, and coaches food service staff in patient tray line and cafeteria meal service.
2. Coordinates all catering events and oversees food production for hospital functions and medical staff meetings.
3. Checks and monitors QI activties for food quality, food/equipment temperatures, and modified diet accuracy in accordance with menu cylces/room service meals.
4. Responsible for inventory/order control and purchases adequate food and supplies; processing all invoices, productivity reports; safety and sanitation daily inspection reports.
5. Enforces all departmental policies and procedures, assisting in developing and revising these policies as required.